Join our team
at a Gear Up Ride near you!
Gear Up Rides are a great way to meet other MS Bike cyclists, share fundraising ideas, and get out on your bike to continue (or start) your training. The following events are open to all MS Bike participants regardless of the MS Bike location you are participating in. We also encourage you to use these rides as an opportunity to grow your team. Invite friends, family, and coworkers who have never participated to join you at a Gear Up Ride to introduce them to the MS Bike community and see how great it is. Save the dates below in your calendar. More information on each ride will be added below once confirmed. Looking forward to seeing you out at a Gear Up Ride.
**If you can’t join one of the above rides consider creating your own local Gear Up Ride and inviting others to join you through the CY MS Bike Facebook Group.
Vancouver Island Region
RSVP to Dave Macmurchie at email@example.com.
- May 17 6:00 PM - Meet at the MS Bike Presenting Sponsor Island Ford Superstore, 6456 Norcross Rd., Duncan, BC. Check out the bike route.
- June 13, 6:00 pm - Meet at the longstanding MS Bike Support Sponsor Experience Cycling, 482 Trans Canada Hwy, Duncan, BC
- July 8, 10:30 am - Category 12 Brewing Company - 2200 Keating Cross Road #C, Victoria, British Columbia V8M 2A6.
The plan is to meet at the Category 12 Brewery Company on Keating Cross Road in Central Saanich, ride for an hour or so and then socialize. Here's the proposed route.
The basic route, green line, is about 18 kms and quite flat. The route map shows an optional loop around the airport, red line, that adds about 6 very flat kms.
People coming from north of the Malahat might wish to use the Mill Bay - Brentwood ferry. There is a sailing at 9:50 a.m. arriving at Brentwood at 10:15, which should enable riders to get to Category 12 about 10:30 or so. The blue line on the map shows the most obvious route, about 5 kms. There's a warm-up climb from the ferry landing to West Saanich Road, but nothing Cowichan Valley riders can't handle.
Lower Mainland Region
RSVP to Stu Bagnall, Gear up Ride Coordinator at gearitupFV@gmail.com.
- May 13, 9:00 AM - Meet at Lonsdale Quay near the Totem Poles (123 Carrie Cates Ct., North Vancouver).
Distance 24 km
Route: Lonsdale Quay to Deep Cove and back
- June 10, 9:00 AM - Meet at Derby Reach Park 21801 Allard Crescent, Langley, BC V1M 3W1
Distance 39 km
- July 8, 9:00 AM - - Meet at Derby Reach Parking Lot, 21801 Allard Crescent, Langley, BC V1M 3W1 (note that this is the parking lot close to the Edgewater Bar Campground))
Distance 39 km
- June 23
- July 28
- August 18
Each ride will start at the entrance of Lakeside Park (1923 Lakeside Dr, Nelson) at 9 am sharp. RSVP to Jillian Earl at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- June 2
- July 7
- July 28
Things to bring to a Gear Up Ride
- Bike in good working order
- Appropriate cycling clothes
- Credit Card (when fun stops or apres are part of the ride)