Q: How do I see the Auction?
A: You can view and take part in the auction by texting (226) 909-1460 on your mobile smart phone or by going to www.shoptodropms.ca. Mobile bid is a web-app and does not need to be downloaded or installed on a patrons smartphone or computer. If viewing the auction on your computer, it is best viewed using firefox or chrome.
Q: How long is the Auction Running?
A: The Auction will be running from October 1st to October 14th, 2019. It closes at 6pm EST.
Q: Where did the Auction Items come from?
A: All of our Auction Items have been donated by very generous community partners all over Ontario and Canada.
Q: Are all the Auction Items New?
A: All of the auction items are new and in their original packaging.
Q: What are the funds raised from the auction supporting?
A: The Shop to Drop MS Auction is in support of the MS Society of Canada and all funds raised will go to support the mission of the MS Society: To be a leader in finding a cure for multiple sclerosis and enabling people affected by MS to enhance their quality of life.
Q: How do I bid on the Items?
A: Once you are on the Mobile Bid Auction site for Shop to Drop MS and have clicked on one of the items you are interested in bidding on you will see the option to set a bid amount or set up and auto bid.
- Submit a One Time Bid – You can either use the suggested bid amount or can enter your own bid amount (must be at least the minimum increment of bidding that is already set), and hit ‘SUBMIT BID’. If your bid has been outbid you will receive and email/text message letting you know and giving you the option to bid again.
- Set- Auto-Bid – this will allow you to arrange to automatically bid up to a maximum amount that you have set. If you are outbid you will receive an email/text message notifying you and giving you the option to re-bid.
Q: How do I receive the item once I win the bid?
A: Once the auction has ended there are two ways you are able to receive your auction item
- Personal Delivery – If the item is local it will be delivered via a member of the MS Society of Canada staff
- Mail – All items that are being set my mail can be expected within 5-10 business days of the completion of the auction.
- E-Mail - If the item is an online certificate we will email it to you
Q: When will I receive my item?
A: All items will be mailed or delivered within 5-10 business days of the end of the auction.
Q: How will I know if I won?
A: You will be notified via email/text if you have successfully won your auction item once the auction is closed on October 14th.
Q: Why is there a 5% added charge to my bid?
A: In an effort to ensure that all the funds raised in Shop to Drop MS goes to those living with MS in our communities, we have added a surcharge to cover credit card charges and administration costs. Thank-you for your undersatnding.
Q: How do I pay for my items?
A: The Auction has been linked with Stripe. A company who specializes in online credit card processing. You will be prompted to enter your credit card information prior to being able to finalize your bid. If you are successful in winning the final bid on October 14th for the items that you have selected your credit card will automatically be charged your total bid amount.