MS Bike - Toronto FAQ
1. What is the fee to register?
The fees vary depending on the date you register. The first of the month the fees will increase so be sure to get in early!
- Mar 1 - Mar 31 - $30
- Apr 1 - Apr 30 - $35
- May 1 - May 31 - $40
- June 1 - June 30 - $45
- July 1 - July 31 - $50
- Aug 1 - Aug 31- $55
- Sept 1 - Sept 15 - $60
2. Is my registration fee a donation?
As there are many costs associated with the tour that are not sponsored, your registration fee will be used to offset our bike tour costs. You will not receive a tax receipt for your registration fees.
3. Is there a family or group fee?
No. All cyclists must pay the individual registration fee and raise the minimum $350 in order to participate.
4. How can Alumni register a new participant as a "friend for free"?
All alumni are entitled to refer one free registration and the rider must have never participated in a MS Bike tour in the past. Your friend MUST raise the minimum pledge of $350 in order to participate. The only way to register a friend for free is to contact our help desk at email@example.com or call 1-800-268-7582 ext. 3038.
5. Is there an age restriction to participate?
Yes; participants must be 8 years of age or older.
6. Can I refund or transfer my registration fee if I choose not to participate?
Unfortunately, registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
7. Is there a minimum fundraising amount?
Yes; you must fundraise a minimum of $350 to be permitted to participate in the tour.
8. Do I have to register as part of a team?
You are welcome to ride as an individual but it’s more fun to ride in the tour as a team! The energy that comes from participating on a team is contagious! Don’t have a team to join? Start one! All you need is a few friends to ride with and a fun team name.
9. Can another member be added to an existing team?
Upon registering online, you can easily join an existing team. If you are already registered, please contact our help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-268-7582 ext. 3038 to be added to a team.
10. Where and when do I pick up my cyclist package and drop off my pledges?
You can pick up your cyclist package at the the tour on Sunday morning prior to the ride. Please note cyclist packages will only be distributed to cyclists who have fundraised the $350 minimum. See details below:
- Date: September 15th
- Times: 8:30am - 9:30am
- Location: Centennial Park Ski Chalet, 256 Centennial Park Rd., Etobicoke, ON
1. Are there any training rides available?
Yes, We will be offering training rides to prepare you for the tour. Rides will take place in Windsor, Sarnia, London, Toronto and Kitchener. We will be updating the Upcoming Events calendar with ride information.
2. Are there any pre-tour events?
Absolutely! We have Pub Nights, Promotion events, and Team events taking place throughout the season. We will keep the Upcoming Events calendar updated and if you have a team event you would like listed please contact our info desk at email@example.com . We'd love to see you there! Stay tuned for more details!
3. How can I get involved in the tour other than cycling?
There are many ways to get involved in the tour besides cycling! We are always looking for volunteers as the tour would simply not be possible without our incredible volunteers! Please contact Claire at Claire McGratton for more information.
4. What type of bike do I need?
Road bikes are not required, but strongly recommended. Your bike must be road-ready and safe!
5. Do I need new gear for the tour??
Helmets are mandatory and we highly recommend you invest in a pair of cycling shorts which can make your ride much more enjoyable!
6. Is the MS Bike on social media?
Yes! We're on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Use @msbiketour to find us!
7. Where and when do I pick up my cyclist package and drop off my pledges?
You can pick up your cyclist package the morning of the tour at the Centennial Park Chalet prior to the ride. Please note cyclist packages will only be distributed to cyclists who have fundraised the $350 minimum. See details below:
- Date: September 15th
- Time: 8:30am - 9:30am
- Location: Centennial Park Ski Chalet, 256 Centennial Park Rd., Etobicoke, ON
Tour Weekend Information
1. If I am unable to ride in the tour, can someone else ride in my place?
No, unfortunately registration for the tour is non-refundable and non-transferable.
2. What kind of support do I receive along the route?
The tour is a fully supported route! We offer multiple check points approximately every 10-15 km along the way. Checkpoints include refreshments, snacks, lunch and washroom facilities. We offer medical support (trained professional medical personnel), tour leaders (cyclists who offer assistance along the route and monitor cyclist safety), SAG vehicles (pick up cyclists who cannot finish the tour or need a break from cycling), and MS Friendly Bike Shops at start and all checkpoints (for any cyclists with mechanical issues).
3. Where does the tour go?
You can refer to the map in the Cyclists Handbook and there will be maps available at the start. The tour takes paved backroads and the roads are NOT closed to vehicular traffic for the event. We do ask that friends and family DO NOT follow you on route to reduce the number of vehicles. We will have police at the event and all cyclists must obey the traffic rules to ensure a safe ride.
4. Can my friends and family watch along the way?
Yes, friends and family are welcome to support you along the way at designated cheering locations which we will share with you prior to the tour. They are welcome to watch at the start/finish line. We do ask that friends and family DO NOT take the cyclist route but instead find alternative routes to ensure the roads are not congested with cyclists and vehicles.
5. Do I need to bring my own food?
We provide food for the whole tour; we offer breakfast, snacks and lunch along the route and a celebration BBQ at the Finish Line. We do our best to accommodate dietary restrictions but strongly recommend you bring your own food if you are on a restricted diet.
6. What do I do if I can no longer ride during the tour?
SAG vehicles pick up cyclists who cannot finish the tour or need a break from cycling. Cyclists will be taken to the next checkpoint along the route or the finish line. Flag down a SAG vehicle by safely getting off your bike and holding your helmet up in the air.
1. Where do I inquire regarding lost and found items?
Please contact our info desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-268-7582 ext. 3038 to claim lost items.
2. When is the fundraising deadline?
You have until October 15, 2019 to submit your donations in order to qualify for prizes
Donating, Fundraising, & Rewards
1. When can I start fundraising?
You can begin fundraising as soon as you are registered! Registration is now open at msbike.ca! We accept donations for the tour until October 31, 2019*
*Please Note: You must raise the minimum of $350 prior to riding in the tour on September 15th.
2. What is the minimum fundraising required? What happens if I don’t meet the minimum?
The minimum pledge amount is $350. If you do not meet the minimum amount, you will not receive your cyclist package and will not be able to participate in the tour.
3. How do tax receipts work for donors?
We offer tax receipts for any donors who contributed $20 and over. Online donors will automatically receive a tax receipt within 24 hours of their donation via email* and offline donors (cash and cheque) can expect to receive their tax receipt via mail within four months of their donation.
*Please note for online donors: Check your junk/spam folder as sometimes your emailed tax receipts end up there.
5. Where do my fundraising dollars go?
All money raised in Canada stays within the MS Society of Canada. Proceeds raised fund both world-class research and innovative programs and services for people impacted by MS in your community. For more information go to Why I Ride.
6. How do I/my donors submit pledges?
To turn in pledge money:
- Credit Card donations are accepted online at msbike.ca.
To donate to a cyclist click DONATE, search your cyclist’s name to donate directly to them.*
*Please note donations made to a team (rather an individual) will go directly to the Team Captain.
- Via Mail: Cheques should be submitted with a donation tracking form found in your Participant Centre mailed to the MS Society at 500-250 Dundas Street West, Toronto, ON M5T 2Z5. (Please make all cheques payable to the MS Society of Canada).
- Feel free to stop by our office in person with pledges at any time before or after the tour. We’re located at 500-250 Dundas Street West, Toronto, ON M5T 2Z5 and open Monday-Friday from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm.
- Turn in pledges when you stop by to pick up your Cyclist Package during Package Pick up.
- The morning of the bike tour at the Centennial Park Ski Chalet.
7. When is the deadline for donations to be handed in?
The deadline for donations to be handed in is October 15, 2019 in order to qualify for prizes.
1. What is a personal page?
A personal page is a unique personal webpage provided to you for you to use when asking your friends and family to join your team or to make a donation. You have a default page created for you, but you can personalize this page with your own story by signing in, selecting the “Personal Page” tab, and saving any changes you make.
2. How do I sign into my Participant Centre?
From any page of msbike.ca, click the "Login" link at the top-right of your screen. Enter your username and password; then, once logged in, you’ll be automatically directed to the home page of your Participant Centre.
If you are registered for more than one event, you can access your other Participant Centre(s) by selecting the event after you log in.
3. I forgot my username and/or password. What do I do?
Remember that your username and password are case sensitive. If you have forgotten your username and/or password, you can retrieve it by selecting “Forgot your password or username?” when on the log in page. For further assistance, please contact our help desk at email@example.com or call 1-800-268-7582 ext. 3038.
4. How do I change my username, password, email preferences, and/or personal information?
First, sign in to the site using your username and password by clicking the "Login" link at the top-right of the page. Once signed in, click on the "Profile" link to the top right-hand side (next to the “Log Out” button). Click on the “Change/Reset Password" link to update your new password. Click “Edit Your Profile” to change your username and other details of your profile such as mailing address and mailing preferences.
5. How can I see who has donated to me?
Sign in to your Participant Centre and select the “Progress” navigation tab. Scroll down to see your donation receipt history.
6. How do I change my personal goal?
Sign in to your Participant Centre. Under the “Home” tab, select “Change” where it shows your goal. Write the new amount and hit “Submit”.
7. How do I change my team name or team goal?
The Team Captain can change the team goal by signing in to their Participant Centre, clicking the “Progress” tab, and selecting the “Team” tab on the right-hand side. Then simply click the “Change” button under the Team Goal. To change the team's name, please contact Sabine at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. How do I register a team?
First register yourself in order to create a team. You’ll be prompted to create a team during the registration process. Be sure to pick a creative team name!
If you already registered as an individual, but would like to join or start a team, please contact Sabine at email@example.com or call 1-800-268-7582 ext. 3161 with the name of the team you'd like to join or start (in addition to the team fundraising goal, if starting a team).
2. How do I change my team name or team goal?
The Team Captain can change the team goal by signing in to their Participant Centre, clicking the “Progress” tab, and selecting the “Team” tab on the right-hand side. Then simply click the “Change” button under the Team Goal. To change the team name calll Sabine at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-268-7582 ext. 3161.
3. My team wants to create a custom team jersey! Who should we go through?
Our national MS Bike apparel sponsor, Primal Wear has great solutions for team apparel and a 15% give-back program. Create a team jersey all team members can wear when training to promote your team and MS Bike! For more information and to request a quote go to primalwear.com/collections/custom. Please note that orders take approximately 6 weeks total, so be sure to order with enough time before the tour!
MS Bike - Toronto Contact Information
Still have questions? Reach out!
Scott McMillan - MS Bike Manager- Sponsorship, Teams
1-800-268-7582 ext. 3228 | email@example.com
Please contact with regards to sponsor or vendor opportunities, or for Tour of Champions information.
Sabine Climans - MS Bike Coordinator - Rookies, Teams
1-800-268-7582 ext. 3161 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact with regards to general inquiries teams, recruitment and rookie cyclists
Claire McGratton - MS Bike Coordinator - Recruitment, Social Events, Bike Shops, Volunteers
1-800-268-7582 ext. 3156 | email@example.com
Please contact with regards to general inquiries such as route, donations, bike shops and volunteers.