The MS Society of Canada
“Register for 2020 Mandarin MS Walk by April 25, 2020, and fundraise $150 or more for MS Walk to receive a voucher for one free dinner to any Mandarin® Restaurant”
1. THE CONTEST AND THE CONTEST PERIOD
MS Walk “Register by April 25, 2020, and fundraise $150 or more for MS Walk to be receive a voucher for one free dinner to any Mandarin® Restaurant” (the “Contest”) commences at 12:01am on June 1, 2019 and concludes at 11:59:59 pm ET on April 25, 2020 (the “Contest Period”).
2. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
The Contest includes Canadian residents under the age of majority (18) if their application is accompanied by a completed waiver and release from their parent or legal guardian. Entrants under the age of majority must download the Contest release form from the website and have their parent or legal guardian review, approve, sign it and have it witnessed before submitting their entry. Entrants under the age of majority who do not have a valid parent/legal guardian signature on the Contest release form will not be permitted to participate in the Contest.
All entrants must attest to their eligibility as stipulated in these rules and their acceptance of these rules using the registration waiver.
4. DECLARATION OF INTEGRITY
All information requested by and supplied to MS Society by each entrant must be truthful, accurate and in no way misleading. MS Society reserves the right to disqualify any entrant from the Contest in its discretion should the entrant at any stage supply untruthful, inaccurate or misleading details and/or information or should the entrant be ineligible at any stage of the Contest pursuant to the Contest rules.
5. HOW TO ENTER
To be eligible, participants must be registered for the MS Walk in Ontario and have fundraised $150 or more on or before the Contest deadline. In order to register for the contest, log on to mswalks.ca or phone 1-888-822-8467 and register for an MS Walk in Ontario, and fundraise $150 or more.
Participants must be registered in one of the following locations:
6. HOW TO WIN
All those registered for an MS Walk in Ontario and have fundraised $150 or more for an MS Walk by the Contest deadline will receive the prize.
7. CORRUPT ENTRIES
Any online entry or phone entry or material used in this competition that have been tampered with, altered, reproduced, not legitimately obtained or which contain or reflect any error will be void. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, MS Society reserves the right to cancel or suspend this Contest for any reason including fraud, technical failures, any network server or hardware failure, viruses, bugs, errors in programming, or any other errors or causes beyond the control of MS Society that may corrupt the administration, security or proper execution of the Contest.
8. THE GRAND PRIZE
All winners will receive their prizes upon check-in on MS Walk event day. Once claimed the winners may be recognized online at mswalks.ca and/or other MS Society marketing collateral.
One (1) prize will be awarded per eligible participant. The Prize is a voucher for one free dinner to any Mandarin® Restaurant.
Use of the Prize is restricted to one voucher per party, per visit. Can be used for dinner, 7 days a week, before November 30, 2020. Beverages, taxes and gratuity extra.
9. GRAND PRIZE VALUE
The retail value of the Prize is $30.99.
10. DEADLINE FOR CLAIMING GRAND PRIZE
The Prize winners claim the Prize in person by the end of the Ontario MS Walk they are registered for (the “Deadline”). If the Prize winners fail either to claim the Prize or inform the MS Society of Canada of his or her inability to claim the Prize before the Deadline, his or her Prize will be forfeited.
11. REFUSAL TO ACCEPT
Refusal to accept a Prize releases MS Society of Canada as well as its directors, officers and employees of all responsibility and obligations towards its winner.
The Prize winners are responsible for all incidental expenses incurred in connection with accepting the Prize (the “Expenses”) including, but not limited to, beverages, associated meals, taxes, gratuity and ground transportation. The Prize winner understands that he or she may not seek reimbursement for the Expenses from the MS Society of Canada, the Affiliates, the Sponsors or their respective advertising and promotional agencies.
13. LIMITATION ON NUMBER OF ENTRIES PERMITTED
Only one entry per person is permitted. Multiple entries will be discarded. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are falsified in any way.
14. CHANCES OF WINNING
Chances of winning depend on the registered participant’s ability to fundraise $150.
15. NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES
The MS Society of Canada does not make any representation or offers of warranty, express or implied, as to the quality or fitness of the Prize. The Prize winner understands and acknowledges that he or she may not seek reimbursement or pursue any legal or equitable remedy from the MS Society of Canada should the Prize fail to be fit for its purpose or is in any way unsatisfactory to the Prize winner.
16. DECLARATION AND RELEASE OF GRAND PRIZE WINNER
Before being awarded the Prize, the Prize winner must:
- Complete a participant information form for MS Walk
- Sign a standard form confirming that by entering the Contest:
- he or she read, understood and accepted these rules and regulations;
- that he or she understands that acceptance of the Prize may involve danger and/or exposure to risks and hazards of both man-made and natural origin, whether arising from foreseeable or unforeseeable human error and negligence, and that, as a result, he or she may suffer damage to personal property, serious personal injury, illness or even death;
- that he or she nevertheless freely and voluntarily agrees and does hereby assume any and all risks of personal injury, illness, death arising out of or connected with his or her participation in the Contest and winning the Prize; and
- that he or she releases the MS Society of Canada, the Sponsors, their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, advertising and promotional agencies and their respective officers, directors, employees (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability arising in connection with participation in the Contest and acceptance of the Prize, including, without limitation, any financial, legal or moral responsibility or loss or personal injury including death or damage to or loss of property suffered or incurred or arising from participating in the Contest or accepting the Prize, whether suffered by the Prize winner or his or her guest, or by his or her heirs, administrators, personal representatives or executors, and notwithstanding that such injuries or losses may have been caused solely or partly by any act, omission, negligence or gross negligence of any or all of the Releasees.
- he or she understood MS Society of Canada as well as its directors, officers and employees shall assume no liability resulting from losses, delays, mistaken addresses, typographical errors, errors on printed or electronic material, technical, computer or telephone malfunctions, loss or theft of computer data, damage to software or computer equipment, fraudulent calls or any other mistake.
17. GRAND PRIZE TO BE ACCEPTED AS AWARDED
The decision of the MS Society of Canada is final, and the Prize must be accepted as awarded. No portion of the Prize is transferable. The Prize is not redeemable for cash and no substitute for any portion of the Prize is offered. Should the Prize winner be unable to claim the Prize as awarded, his or her Prize will be forfeited.
In the event of any dispute concerning the operation of any element of the Contest or these Contest rules, the decision of MS Society of Canada will be final.
18. SUBSTITUTION OR CHANGE TO THE CONTEST
The MS Society of Canada, the Sponsors and their respective advertising and promotional agencies reserve the right to substitute the Prize, or any component thereof, for those of approximately the same value and reserve the right to change the Contest rules or terminate or withdraw the Contest at any time without prior notice.
19. INTENTION TO DO HARM
Any attempt by an entrant or participant to deliberately damage the website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest, including but not limited to any fraudulent claims, may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, MS Society of Canada reserves the right to seek remedies and damages from any such individual to the fullest extent permitted by the law, including criminal prosecution.
MS Society of Canada as well as its directors, officers and employees shall assume no liability whatsoever for any situation in which their inability to act results from an event or situation unforeseeable or beyond their control, including but not limited to forced majeure, strike, lockout or any other labour dispute at their locations or where this Contest is held.
21. OWNERSHIP OF ENTRIES
All entries shall become the property of MS Society of Canada, the Sponsors and their advertising and promotional agencies. The Releasees assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, destroyed or otherwise indecipherable entries due to any failure or technical malfunction of the telephone network, online computer systems of equipment, servers, access providers, software, poor reception, technical problems, failure of any email or submission or due to any other reason regardless of cause.
22. CONSENT TO USE OF PERSONALITY
By entering the Contest, each entrant, including the Prize winner, consents to the use of his or her name, city of residence, photograph, voice, likeness, image or any other aspect of his or her personality for any publicity and programming purposes, commercial or otherwise, in all media used by MS Society of Canada, the Sponsors, promoters and their advertising and promotional agencies, without any payment or compensation.
Entrants acknowledge that MS Society of Canada, its directors, officers and employees, agents and any person or entity connected with the Contest (“MS Representatives”) are not responsible for and are in no way liable for any injuries, loss or damages arising from the Contest. Entrants agree not to make any demand or pursue a lawsuit against any MS Representatives for defamation, invasion of privacy, negligence, intentional tort or any similar cause of action arising in any way out of any use, exploitation, reproduction and distribution by MS Representatives of the entry. Entrants also agree to indemnify them and hold harmless MS Representatives from all claims, demands, actions, suits or other proceedings and all damages and costs (including reasonable legal fees) brought by third parties arising in any way out of any use, exploitation, reproduction and distribution by MS Society of Canada or MS Representatives of the entry.
23. CONSENT TO COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
By entering the Contest and voluntarily providing personal information including, but not limited to, name, address, city, email address, home and office telephone numbers (the “Registrant Information”), each Contest entrant grants permission to MS Society of Canada and the Sponsors to the collection and use of the Registrant Information for the exclusive purpose of administering the Contest and selecting the Prize winner(s).
24. WHERE CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS AVAILABLE
These rules and regulations are available online at mswalks.ca/mandarin.
25. COMPLIANCE WITH CONTEST RULES
All contestants agree to abide by the Contest rules, which are subject to change at the sole discretion of MS Society of Canada.
26. COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS
This Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all federal, provincial, territorial and municipal laws and regulations of Canada and of each province, territory and municipality of Canada, respectively.